Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Masters Of The Universe Paintings By Earl Norem, William George and Esteban Maroto

Masters Of The Universe - 5

Masters Of The Universe - 1 (painting by William George)

Masters Of The Universe - 2 (painting by William George)

Masters Of The Universe - 3 (painting by William George)

Masters Of The Universe - 4 (painting by William George)

Masters Of The Universe - Land Shark (painting by William George)

Masters Of The Universe - Dragon Walker (painting by William George)

Masters Of The Universe - Battle-Bones (painting by William George)

Masters Of The Universe - 30 (painting by William George)

Masters Of The Universe - 7 (painting by Earl Norem)

Masters Of The Universe - 8 (painting by Earl Norem

Masters Of The Universe - 9 (painting by Earl Norem)

Masters Of The Universe - 10 (painting by Earl Norem)

Masters Of The Universe - 11 (painting by Earl Norem)

Masters Of The Universe - 12 (painting by Earl Norem)

Masters Of The Universe - 13 (painting by Earl Norem)

Masters Of The Universe - 14 (painting by Earl Norem)

Masters Of The Universe - 15 (painting by Earl Norem)

Masters Of The Universe - 16 (painting by Earl Norem)


Masters Of The Universe - 17 (painting by Earl Norem)

Masters Of The Universe - 18 (painting by Earl Norem)

Masters Of The Universe - 19 (painting by Earl Norem)

Masters Of The Universe - 20 (painting by Earl Norem)

Masters Of The Universe - 27 (painting by Earl Norem)

Masters Of The Universe - 28 (painting by Earl Norem)

Masters Of The Universe - 29 (painting by Earl Norem)

Masters Of The Universe - 21 (painting by Esteban Maroto)

Masters Of The Universe - 22 (painting by Esteban Maroto)

Masters Of The Universe - 23 (painting by Esteban Maroto)

Masters Of The Universe - 24 (painting by Esteban Maroto)

Masters Of The Universe - 25 (painting by Esteban Maroto)

Masters Of The Universe - 26 (painting by Esteban Maroto)

Masters Of The Universe - 6

Masters Of The Universe - 31

Masters Of The Universe - 32

Masters Of The Universe - 33

More Masters of The Universe illustrations coming tomorrow.

15 comments:

Raiden said...

These are beyond awesome.

Logan said...

Pure classic! Thanks a lot! :D

Dieter VDO said...

Wow! Yes, thanks Aeron!

Bonhomme said...

Those toy box art where my introduction to Fantasy before Conan, Frazeta, Tolkien or else.

It's fun to see toys about big muscular guy in loin fur speedos piloting dragon shaped spaceship treated with such talent and sheer awesomeness!

SrMUERTE said...

ÜBERAWESOME

Dave Felton said...

Where did these come from? Box art? I'd never seen these, or if I had, I'm looking at them in a different light. Thank God for Maroto, though- his illustrations have a decidedly more heterosexual flavor!

Marc said...

I was a He-Man fanatic so I remember a few of these well. I know some are box art (like 32 and 33), and many are covers/posters from the Masters of the Universe magazine (like 8-19).

PJ McQuade said...

I love these!!!

Lukas Mariman said...

These are awesome! I used to have a lot of the toys. They were so great for their time...

fatpie42 said...

I remember some of this artwork. I reckon the box art for the toys encouraged a lot more enthusiasm than the cartoons ever did.

Chad Verrill said...

I guess I never notcied these when I was colelcting MOTU. I should have but I don't think I would have understood the brilliance. They are so well done. I bet at times doing these paintings of toys was a real drag for some talented painters, but for me it makes me want to go get really good at painting and do some Dragonriders of the Styx canvases.

Botch the Crab said...

SO. AWESOME.

Papa Hotel said...

These are amazing. I love that the non-character, non-environment elements are so clearly derived from the physical toys whilst the action is fantastically fluid and 'real'. A little nostalgia bomb - thanks.

Min said...

Absolutely wonderful.

Aki Alaraatikka said...
This comment has been removed by the author.